Belgrave St. Peter's CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection / Safeguarding Policy.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Mrs C Ouriach (Headteacher)
Deputy DSL: Mrs K Ng-Bell (Deputy Headteacher)
Deputy DSL: Mrs S Varia (Pastoral Manager)
Belgrave St. Peter's Early Help Offer:
In addition to the services provided by the Early Help Service in Leicester, the school is able to provide additional support, guidance and signposting in a variety of forms.
This may include:
- Conversations with parents to identify needs
- Being an outlet for parental and family concerns
- Addressing pupil or parent health needs
- Behavioural Support for young people and their families e.g. through SEMH, EiM
- School nurse referrals
- Guidance on accessing support from a GP/Paediatrician - accompanying parents at appointments
- Support with claiming and accessing benefits such as, Housing, DWP, Food Banks, Employment
- Signposting local children's centres
- Completion of a variety of forms including School Admissions & Free School Meals
- Help with uniform and/or basic hygiene products
- Support for mental health - the school currently has 2 trained mental health first-aiders
- Referrals to UAVA, Living Without Abuse and other charities to support victims of Domestic Violence
- Referral to Emotions in Motion for pupils
- Signposting of SEND support e.g. ADHD Solutions
- Links with Leicester City Council - supporting families with Council Tax, Housing Options, Environmental Health issues
- Hosting TAF (Team around the Family) meetings.