Belgrave St. Peter’s School
Sports Premium Provision
At Belgrave St. Peter’s we aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which will enable children to build on fundamental movement skills and become more active; developing lifelong participation in active and healthy lifestyles.
1) Physical development:
- To enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increased control and coordination.
2) PE for all:
- Through a balance of activities, we aim to cater for the preferences, strengths and needs of every pupil.
- To develop children’s enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination.
3) Healthy lifestyles:
- To be physically active for sustained periods of time to improve fitness.
- To develop an awareness of how physical activity contributes to Health and Fitness.
- To develop an awareness of how physical activity effects the body.
4) Social and intellectual development:
- For children to learn how to play with others in a variety of situations.
- For children to develop understanding of a number of different games and rules of how to apply skills more widely.
5) Competition: To increase the number of competitions available in school (Level 1) and outside of school (Level 2).
Use of the Primary School Sports Premium funding