At Belgrave St Peter's C of E Primary School, the children's social and emotional wellbeing is at the centre of everything we do.
PSHE Scheme of Work
At Belgrave, we use a progressive and fun scheme of work called 'Jigsaw'. ‘Jigsaw’ consists of six half-term units of work (Puzzles), each containing six lessons (Pieces) covering each academic year.
Every Piece has two Learning Intentions, one specific to Relationships and Health Education (PSHE) and the other designed to develop emotional literacy and social skills.
Puzzles are launched with a whole-school assembly containing an original song, with each year group studying the same unit at the same time (at their own level), building sequentially through the school year, facilitating whole-school learning themes.
The various teaching and learning activities are engaging and mindful of different learning styles.
Jigsaw’s Units of Work (Puzzles) are:
- Being Me in My World - Includes understanding my place in the class, school and global community as well as devising Learning Charters.
- Celebrating Difference - Includes anti-bullying (cyber and homophobic bullying included) and diversity work
- Dreams and Goals - Includes goal-setting, aspirations for yourself and the world and working together.
- Healthy Me - Includes drugs and alcohol education, self-esteem and confidence as well as healthy lifestyle choices.
- Relationships - Includes understanding friendship, family and other relationships, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Changing Me - This puzzle includes sex and relationships education in the context of coping positively with change. (includes age-appropriate sex education)